Thursday, November 20, 2014

51, could it be?!


How could it be?! The last blog post was 51 weeks ago exactly! While you can't say I went a whole year without blogging, practically. Yikes! So yes, the Conrad family still exists, but boy have we been busy! 2014 has been an adventurous year, a year of change, a year of blessings, a year I hope to always remember. I got to thinking about the blog because I was reflecting in gratitude and thought I ought to poor out my thanks for others to hear, so here it is.. 

                                               

I am so thankful for our family of six. A big change in our home this year has been Kaine going to his mom's to live during the school year. This change has been difficult in ways we could not image. It is wonderful to know families are eternal and while we might not always have all the time with him now we desire, one day we will. This year I am especially thankful for my mothers, my mom who birthed me, my mother in law, and my grandmothers. Their example gives me the strength I need to be the mother our children need.  I am full of gratitude for a wonderful home, so much so that we decided selling our home wasn't the right thing to do and we are here to enjoy it's comforts a while longer. I am  thankful for our abundance of health and happiness. Truly my greatest joy is the smiles I see on our children's faces daily. We find food our table daily, clothes on our backs, cars to drive us where we please, employment, beautiful places to hike, bikes to ride, and the list is ever growing for things we must give thanks in. Our greatest gift though is our Savior, Jesus Christ.  His love provides us with peace and through Him we have found joy that we would not know otherwise. I am thankful to be a disciple of Christ and because of Him we have everything. 


We are so looking forward to spending the holidays with our family. We send our love to you all and will hope to see you soon!




No comments: