Monday, May 11, 2009

Nana.... We will remember you always




Nana and Kaine 07


Nana and Lilia 08


Matthew's Grandma, Kaine and Lilia's Great Grandma, better known as Nana passed away May 2nd. A service in her remembrance was held this past weekend on Saturday, May 9th. Nana's service was beautiful. The sun shone bright just for her that day. We enjoyed listing to everyone's memories of Nana. She is loved.

Nana was one of the sweetest women I have ever met. She loved everyone, especially her family, I felt privileged to be a part of her family. Nana's hugs and kisses will be missed, but we will never forget her sweet spirit. On Nana's birthday when Matthew was ten years old he wrote her this poem

A Grandma like you is one of a kind
That comes along once in a life time

You are great so fun so good
I think you deserve this
O boy you should

I hope you never go far
Like to another planet
Or even a star

I love you so much I could die
When you read this poem I hope you don't cry.

We are honored to have known and loved Nana and feel so blessed that our children could love their Great Grandma too. In Nana's memory we planted a Nana bush, it is a California Lilac, we look forward to watching it grow and remembering our sweet Nana.

Our Nana bush


Peggy Nana and Susan at our wedding 05


Thanksgiving 08

One of my best memories of Nana, Kaine and her dancing at our wedding 05.

No comments: