Thursday, October 18, 2012

Abnormally abnormal

I am a little behind on reporting things here, but it for good reason, I've been busy celebrating and enjoying the health I've been given! The results came from my thyroid October 1st and although they are abnormally abnormal, they show no signs of cancer! The right side and center of the thyroid was removed, three nodules one of significant size were found all with abnormal cells but none cancerous, the fourth nodule ended up being a cyst. The cells outside of these nodules/cyst had abnormalities, making the results what my doctor called abnormally abnormal. I am so glad this is behind me. There is such a relief, I can not explain the load lifted as I wondered for 7 months, pregnant no less, if I had cancer. I was so overwhelmed when I finally got the news I was laughing and crying and shaking and well simply happy.




I've had my blood tested and so far there is no need for medcation, though at some point I may need to be on thyroid hormones, time will tell. My neck is healing, it was so tender the first two weeks and now I hardly notice. The scar stares at me every morning, but Matt insists it is "cool".  I am so so thankful for all of  the love and support our family recieved. Our parents were all wonderful help with the kids and can't forget Uncle Casey too. We had wonderful friends feed us and help with the kids for my follow up appointments, get well cards and texts galore.  I am amazed by everyones kindness and willing to serve me and my family. Thank you thank you thank you.

No comments: