Saturday, December 15, 2012

I Hear the Bells

     It's the season of holiday cheer, but with recent headlines of this week's news I'd hardly call the outlook bright and merry. It is easy to be discouraged by the events unfolding around us.  It is sad, awful it is, people go out to buy their loved ones gifts and never come home, sweet little children skip off to school for the day never to return.  It would seem as though many around us have lost faith, faith in one another, faith in the good of the world, faith in God. I think the adversary would have us feel this way. Feeling lost and belittled by the bad choices of those around us is what keeps us further from the peace that Christ can offer us.

    I am so thankful for my testimony of Jesus Christ and the peace offered to all of Heavenly Father's children. What JOY it brings to know we are eternal beings with eternal families!  So while I will be on my knees in prayer more often this Christmas season praying for comfort for those who are mourning and hurting from recent events, I will sing a little louder, show my love for my neighbors just a little bit more so that the good of the world,  the testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ might shine brighter, that we might never forget His great and infinite love for us.

   I keep thinking of one of my favorite Christmas hymns, "I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day," how relevant it feels this Christmas.

I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day

And in despair I bowed my head:
"There is no peace on earth," I said,
"For hate is strong and mocks the song
Of peace on earth, good will to men."

Then pealed the bells more loud and deep:
"God is not dead, nor doth he sleep;
The wrong shall fail, the right prevail,
With peace on earth, good will to men."





 




 
 
 

 
 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful post. Thank you, Kallie!